Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mid-way marker

As I chain myself to my chair in the library to get all of my last minute work done, I'm thinking about how I'm half way completed with graduate school.  Whew!- it most definitely took a toll on me but it feels great to almost be done.  It's been a rough journey thus far and I'm sure it will only get worse but I have gotten a lot from these five classes within the last four months! 

I am more confident in my knowledge of the theoretical disciplines of the field as well as how to apply the concepts to the "real" work in the industry.  Four months down, four more to go and already I feel like I have a better idea where I'm heading and where I would like to be in the industry.  When you're a kid in school, your teachers always have the assignments of "What do you want to be when you grow up" but actually figuring it out it is a lot harder then you think. (Or at least it was for me.) 

Pin-pointing the field of public relations was one step, but in my undergrad I still was unsure of where in public relations I fell or in that case where I wanted to fall.  Now, the picture is becoming a little clearer to me.  I'm finally starting to focus on the bulls eye! 

Well, back to the books I go...it is finals week!

No comments:

Post a Comment