Thursday, November 11, 2010

Palin's Strategy

Every time something comes up about Sarah Palin's new series on TLC I can't help but wonder what her strategy is behind this.  What are her PR people thinking?

"Sarah Palin's Alaska" premieres this Sunday.  Alessandra Stanley of the NY Times writes "It’s a nature series for political voyeurs: viewers get to observe Ms. Palin observing nature."  What's the angle on this?  Besides the fact that clearly Palin enjoys being in the lime light.

It is unsure of whether Palin intends on running in the 2012 presidential election, but in my opinion if she is, does she think this is going to help.  Palin does have a strong fan base, shockingly! But for those who are not in the midst of her popularity, myself particularly, I  remember her saying in a preview of one of the episodes, how she'd rather be doing this any day than be in office (something along those lines).  I take that offensively because if she does intend on running, what does that say about her work ethics?

PR strategy or not? Who knows.  I don't think it's going to work in her benefit though. Time will tell.  I can't wait for Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment